Call for Abstract:
National Human Rights Commission Nepal welcomes the submission of abstracts from the interested candidates for a South Asian regional conference that is scheduled to take place in Kathmandu from April 09-11 in order to facilitate a regional dialogue "Identifying Challenges, Assessing Progress, Moving Forward: Addressing Impunity and Realizing Human Rights in South Asia".
Interested candidates can submit their abstract on following themes:
- National Security and Human Rights
- The Rights of Women and Marginalized Communities and Challenges of Combating Impunity
- Migration and Livelihood: Safeguarding of Rights of Refugees, Migrants and Asylum Seekers and Combating Impunity
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission and Post-conflict Challenges
- Changed Context of Human Rights in South Asia over past 15 years
The conference will bring together National Human Rights Institutions(NHRIs), government bodies, civil society members, lawyers and human rights activists to discuss human rights challenges in the region and to identify common approaches and joint initiatives that will protect and promote human rights. This gathering will predominately focuses on impunity—an area of human rights relevant to all of South Asia particularly for the countries in the South Asia in a post-conflict setting. Precisely, this is an opportunity to discuss the state of execution of these rights and challenges in their implementation and the problem of impunity. By creating a space in which civil society actors, members of constitutional bodies, human rights activists and other stakeholders can come together, this conference will contribute to peace-building and legal development for the realization of human rights in South Asia.
Abstract Submission Guidelines:
All submitted abstracts must be focused on one of the aforementioned conference themes. Interested candidates need to submit a word file not exceeding 250 words abstract with:
- A Title
- Name of the Author,
- A 50-word bio note that specifies his/her current academic position, affiliation, and research interest, along the email address
- Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inquiries can be sent to email@example.com
- Submission of abstracts is due on January 26, 2018.
- Notification about the selection of abstract is on January 31, 2018
- Submission of full papers is due on February 15, 2018.
LanguageThe working language of the conference will be in English with translations available into official state languages. Where necessary and possible, there will also be translation into non-state languages to allow members of minority communities to participate fully.
Note: NHRC reserves the right to reject the abstract if it doesn't comply with the aforementioned guidelines.